These sessions are for all members at all stages of their art practice, and especially for those who feel they would benefit from the experience and expertise of others in some areas. They will be based on interactivity, between those teaching or facilitating the topics, and with sister students. This approach has been chosen to encourage all to build on and to share their experiences with other ATASDA members.
Learning is one of life’s joys!
ACT 16-B TECHNIQUES BOARDHow can you convey your thoughts and feelings to others who are viewing your work? People want to know your inspiration, the development of your design, as well as your technical processes. Learn to let others into your creative mindspace. Learn no-fuss & no-stress methods to make a techniques board
Nancy Conboy- English born regional NSW artist and ATASDA member with Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, City & Guilds Certificate Design and Craft in Stitched Textiles and Special Education Instructor with Cert III in Education Support
Helen MacRitchie- Sydney based textile artist and ATASDA member with City & Guilds course in Design and Embroidery, and certificate in Stitched Textiles, currently completing her diploma.
Sat, 19 Mar 2016
9.30 – 3pm
Epping Creative Centre, Dence Park
Free for members, $10 non-members
Prepare for this session:
- Take photos and or make drawings of a piece of work while you complete it, from the first step until the last
- Compose a very short piece of writing about yourself.
- A photo or drawing of what inspired your work and progress photos
- Pictures (photos, own drawings) that inspired/are inspiring your piece
- Your designs – might be drawn by hand, computer
- Fabrics ‘bits’/swatches, threads you used/might be using, beads etc. used in your work
- Scraps of coloured card, printed paper
- 1 or 2 A3 sheets of cardboard to display in a large folder
- Stationery supplies – scissors, glue stick, thick and thin markers, coloured pens